The European Society for Experimental Mechanics
is inviting applications for 10 conference attendance awards for PhD students or postdoctoral fellows to attend the 19th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics in Krakow, Poland, July 5-9, 2020. The applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee chaired by the president of EuraSEM.
EURASEM – ICEM19
- The applicant must be a PhD student for at least 2 years or a postdoctoral fellow for not more than 1 year.
- Each department can only submit one application, should EURASEM receive 2 applications from the same department, only the first application received will be taken into consideration (if eligible) and a letter will notify other candidates that unfortunately they are not eligible. Hopefully, each department will coordinate the submission.
- The applicant must present his/her original work as an oral or poster presentation at the conference.
Applicants should provide before March 15, 2020:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae and recommendation letter from his/her promotor.
- The candidate should provide an active registration at a university.
- A description of the research work (max 5 pages) highlighting the scientific challenges, the methodology and the innovative aspects related to experimental mechanics.
- All eligible applications will be reviewed by an evaluation committee chaired by the president of EuraSEM. From the final ranking the first 10 applications from different countries will be granted.
For the 10 award winners the full registration fee will be waived. Additionally, accommodation expenses will be reimbursed up to a max of 200€.